Basic Equine Rescue Training
Basic horse awareness and overview of low angle emergency response for equine accidents.
Large Animal Rescue Training
Basic Equine Awareness and Rescue (BEAR) is an 8-hour awareness level course that provides basic horse handling awareness and emergency response for large animal involved accidents.
Incidents that involve horses and other large animals require specialized training, and the Basic Equine Awareness and Rescue class provides this through both hands-on and classroom instruction. The BEAR class includes practicing rescue scenarios, mechanical advantage applications, and patient packaging techniques using a life-sized, weighted horse mannequin with articulating limbs.
BEAR Course Topics Include
- Characteristics of horses in stressful environments
- Restraint and containment of equines
- Roles of the horse owner, veterinarian and law enforcement officers
- Low angle animal manipulations
- Ropes, knots and rope systems
- Types of accidents and incidents including trailer accidents, horse barn fires and horses stuck in mud or off an embankment
Contact Us if you are interested in scheduling a class in your area.